Products

HL7v2 services

In the hi3solutions, there are two versions that people think of - Version 2 (V2) and Version 3 (V3). Outlined below are some of the differences between V2 and V3.

HL7 V2

Not "Plug and Play" - it provides 80 percent of the interface and a framework to negotiate the remaining 20 percent on an interface-by-interface basisv

Historically built in an ad hoc way because no other standard existed at the time

Generally provides compatibility between 2.X versions

Messaging-based standard built upon pipe and hat encoding

In the U.S., V2 is what most people think of when people say "HL7"

HL7 V3

Approaching "Plug and Play" - less of a "framework for negotiation"

Many decades of effort over ten year period reflecting "best and brightest" thinking

NOT backward compatible with V2

Model-based standard built upon Reference Information Model (RIM) provides consistency across entire standard

In the U.S., when Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) is what most people in the U.S. think of when people say "HL7 V3"

we hi3solutions gives HL7v2 services in usa and india